Image property of and used with permission from Walters Gardens
- Proven Winners Perennials
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Hot Pink/Fuchsia
- Dark Pink
- Compact Growing
- Prostrate Growing/Groundcover
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Rain Garden
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Dianthus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
PAINT THE TOWN RED DIANTHUS
'Paint the Town Red'
PPAF CBRAF Plant propagation prohibited
AKA: Paint the Town Red Pinks
Buy Paint the Town Red Dianthus online. 'Paint the Town Magenta' produces ¾-1" wide, single deep magenta red flowers and serrated petals. Flowers completely cover the plant when it's in peak. Its glaucous blue foliage set it apart from other Dianthus of its type. Flowers appear in early summer, and a quick shearing after will encourage them to rebloom in early fall. This is the perfect size to edge the front of the sunny border and use in combination containers. Members of the Paint the Town Series are prized for their increased heat tolerance.
Common Name: Dianthus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
(54 units for review on 4/15/21)