Image property of and used with permission from Walters Gardens
- Proven Winners Perennials
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Prostrate Growing/Groundcover
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Rain Garden
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Dianthus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
FRUIT PUNCH® BLACK CHERRY FROST DIANTHUS
'Black Cherry Frost'
PP28605 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Fruit Punch® Black Cherry Frost Dianthus online. 'Black Cherry Frost' fills the void of dark red flowers in the Fruit Punch® series. 1¼", rich, semi-double velvety red flowers have a fine, serrated, near white edge. Flower stems are strong, and are produced above the silvery blue foliage. Members of the Dianthus FRUIT PUNCH® series all share the following traits: fragrant flowers and good heat and humidity tolerance. Flowers appear in early summer, and a quick shearing after will encourage them to rebloom in early fall.
Common Name: Dianthus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(1 units available now - S)
(54 units for review on 4/15/21)
Add to Cart