Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Prostrate Growing/Groundcover
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Summer Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Rock Gardens
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Rain Garden
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Dianthus is very easy to grow and adapts to most soil conditions. Fertilize once a year with slow release fertilizer.
Nothing to display.
Buy Firewitch Dianthus online. Is a low-mounding, spreading, sun perennial to 8 inches tall with intense silver-blue, grass-like foliage and fragrant, bright magenta, carnation type flowers. Blooms early spring till frost. Prefers well-drained soil. One of the most heat-tolerant dianthus. Attracts butterflies! Great for the rock garden or border.2006 PERENNIAL PLANT OF THE YEAR!
Common Name: Dianthus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
(0.62qrt / .59 liters)
(46 units available now - G)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Add to Cart
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
Arrival Only Guarantee