- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Clematis is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. See Pruning Group information for detailed pruning instructions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Clematis can be grown in full sun or light shade, but its base and roots must be completely shaded. You may need to plant a small shrub or large perennial directly in front of its root ball to keep it cool and shaded. A thick layer of mulch will also help to keep the soil moist. This vine prefers to be grown in moist, well-drained, slightly alkaline soil. Adding lime to the soil will help to provide these conditions. When planting clematis, it is important to plant it 3" deeper than it was in the original pot. Bury the first set of entire leaves to encourage the production of strong shoots from below soil level and to discourage clematis wilt.
HAPPY JACK® PURPLE CLEMATIS
PP20343 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Happy Jack® Purple; Clematis
online. Velvety royal purple flowers cover this easy-to-grow vine for montsh every summer. Blooms longer and earlier than 'Jackmanii' with intense purple flower color and large (3-5") flowers. Very easy to grow, it blooms on both new wood and old wood.
**Pruning Group: 2**
Common Name: Clematis
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(13 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(2.11 gallons / 8 liters)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.