- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Salt Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
- Accent Plant
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Clematis is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Clematis can be grown in full sun or light shade, but its base and roots must be completely shaded. You may need to plant a small shrub or large perennial directly in front of its root ball to keep it cool and shaded. A thick layer of mulch will also help to keep the soil moist. This vine prefers to be grown in moist, well-drained, slightly alkaline soil. Adding lime to the soil will help to provide these conditions. When planting clematis, it is important to plant it 3" deeper than it was in the original pot. Bury the first set of entire leaves to encourage the production of strong shoots from below soil level and to discourage clematis wilt.
FRANZISKA MARIA™ CLEMATIS
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Franziska Maria™ Clematis
online. Very free flowering, compact double clematis, ideal for containers. It produces the most beautifully-shaped double flowers, on both old and new growth. The 4-6? blue-purple flowers with yellow anthers are full and repeat flowering from June through September.
**Pruning Group: 2**
Common Name: Clematis
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(2 units available now - S)
Add to Cart