Image property of and used with permission from Walters Gardens
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Dry Soils
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Low Water Use
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Fall Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Cut Flowers
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Rain Garden
- Rock Gardens
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Buddleia is slightly difficult to grow and needs to be planted in locations where it does not stay wet. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
MONARCH® DARK DYNASTY BUTTERFLY BUSH
PP27834 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Monarch® Dark Dynasty Butterfly Bush online. Rich royal purple flowers on branched panicles adorn this dense, compact Buddleia from late summer to early fall. Low, wide-spreading plant that blooms late summer into fall. Colors and textures make a great backdrop for perennials, and pollinators love them!
Common Name: Butterfly Bush
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)