Photo courtesy of Ball Horticulture
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Low Water Use
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Dry Soils
Season of Interest*
- Summer Flowering
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Fall Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Cut Flowers
- Accent Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Rain Garden
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Prune in late fall or early spring. In Northern states, this plant will die back to the ground though roots are hardy. In the South, cut back if needed. To encourage reblooming, deadhead off old spent blooms.Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
TRUE BLUE BUTTERFLY BUSH
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy True Blue Butterfly Bush online. True Blue Butterfly Bush is another great Butterfly Bush from Ball Horticulture. It features awesome blue colored flowers, with silvery blue foliage. It is also a reblooming variety, and deadheading the plant further increases the blooming season and size of the bloom. After the flowers have passed, it will produce very little seed.
Common Name: Butterfly Bush
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(243 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(546 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(263 units available now - G)
Add to Cart