- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Border Plant
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Ilex is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Planting a male selection in near proximity greatly improves the fruiting of Winterberry.
Use Jim Dandy as the male.
BERRY NICE® WINTERBERRY HOLLY
Buy Berry Nice® Winterberry Holly online. The dark red berry display is so vivid, the original plant was selected by sight at a distance of ¼ mile. It'll make you stop and take notice. Good mildew resistance.The bright red fruit make for great indoor arrangements and really brighten up the winter landscape. Use Jim Dandy or Mr. Poppins as pollinator.
Common Name: Holly / Winterberry
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(6 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(0 units available now)
(5 units for review on 4/15/21)
Grown in Root Pouch®.