Spring Flower color, see next image for summer and fall color flowers
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Hummingbirds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Fall Flowering
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Rhododendron is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Prefers slightly acidic well drained soils. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
After the spring blooming period, these amazing azaleas begin growing new shoots and start blooming into full flower in mid-summer. The Encore® Series are known for their richness of color as well as the foliage and overall vigor.
**Experience here has shown the spring flowers to be more lilac in color with summer and fall flowers more pinkish. It may be related to the Oklahoma heat, but a definite flower color change has been our experience.
AUTUMN LILAC™ ENCORE® AZALEA
Rhododendron azalea x
PP10438 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Autumn Lilac™ Encore® Azalea online. A compact, medium growth Azalea that has lavender-violet blooms with darker freckles.A drought tolerant, repeat bloomer that has a mature height of 3.5 feet with an equal spread.
Common Name: Rhododendron / Azalea
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)