Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
THE BLUES LITTLE BLUESTEM
Schizachyrium scoparium 'The Blues'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Eco gallon Potted
(2250 units - GR) Available Now - Details -
List Price $40.00 In Stock
Hardiness Zone: 3-10 · Mature Height: 2-4 Feet · Mature Spread: 2-3 Feet
Buy The Blues Little Bluestem Grass online. True deep blue foliage and exceptional burgundy red fall color. The strong color of 'The Blues' makes this a prize plant in any garden.
Family: Poaceae · Common Name: Bluestem
Grasses cannot be shipped into Idaho, Oregon, and Utah.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
THE BLUES LITTLE BLUESTEM Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Moderate Resistance|
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Low Water Use|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for THE BLUES LITTLE BLUESTEM
THE BLUES LITTLE BLUESTEM Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Grasses are easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About THE BLUES LITTLE BLUESTEM
This species cannot be shipped to these followings states;Alabama,Alaska,Arkansas,Arizona,California,Colorado,Hawaii,Idaho, Iowa,Kansas,Louisiana,Minnesota,Missouri,Mississippi,Montana, Nebraska,Nevada,New Mexico,North Dakota,Oregon, South Dakota,Tennessee,Texas,Utah,Washingtonb