Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
RED HEAD FOUNTAIN GRASS
Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Red Head'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Eco gallon Potted
(130 units - R) Available Now - Details -
List Price $40.00 In Stock
3 gallon Potted
(125 units - R) Available Now - Details -
List Price $80.00 In Stock
Hardiness Zone: 4-10 · Mature Height: 3-4 Feet · Mature Spread: 3-4 Feet
Buy Red Head Fountain Grass online. Red Head Fountain Grass is an awesome narrow-leafed cultivar that has green leaves and 10" long purplish-red plumes. These beautiful flowers appear from mid to late summer and in fall the foliage starts to show streaks of yellow until it goes dormant for the year.
Family: Poaceae · Common Name: Fountain Grass
Grasses cannot be shipped into Idaho, Oregon, and Utah.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
RED HEAD FOUNTAIN GRASS Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Moderate Resistance|
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Leaf Color Winter*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for RED HEAD FOUNTAIN GRASS
RED HEAD FOUNTAIN GRASS Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Grasses are easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.