Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
LADY IN RED FERN
Athyrium filix-femina 'Lady in Red'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 4-8 · Mature Height: 18-30 Inches · Mature Spread: 18-30 Inches
Buy Lady in Red Fern online.The lacy light green foliage of Lady in Red is held upright on dark brilliant red-violet stems. This deciduous easy-to-grow fern makes a great blending plant for Hosta and other bold-leaf plants in the woodland garden.
Family: Athyriaceae · Common Name: Fern
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
LADY IN RED FERN Plant Characteristics
|Leaf Spot - High Resistance
|Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
|Root Rot - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
|Adapts Well to Wet Areas
|Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
|Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
|Cuttings or Divisions
|Near Water Gardens or Ponds
|Under Power Lines
1 review(s) for LADY IN RED FERN
LADY IN RED FERN Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Ferns prefer shade and moist well draining soil. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.