Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Eco gallon Potted
0 - Available Now - Details -
List Price $25.00 per plant
Hardiness Zone: 2-8 · Mature Height: 2-3 Feet · Mature Spread: 2-3 Feet
Buy Interrupted Fern online. The Interrupted Fern, is an aptly named species with tall deciduous, sturdy fronds that are "interrupted" when fertile by a shaggy mass of spores (originally dark but fading to tan) midway between the bottom and top of the foliage. It is a North American native that widely colonizes in colder areas.
Family: Osmundaceae · Common Name: Fern
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
INTERRUPTED FERN Plant Characteristics
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Wet Areas|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
0 review(s) for INTERRUPTED FERN
INTERRUPTED FERN Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Ferns prefer shade and moist well draining soil. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About INTERRUPTED FERN
Ferns have shown resistance to deer foraging, which makes them a good choice for shade gardens.
You must be logged into your customer account to post a review for Osmunda claytoniana .