Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
Astilbe japonica 'Montgomery'
Hardiness Zone: 3-8 · Mature Height: 18-24 Inches · Mature Spread: 18-24 Inches
Buy Montgomery Astilbe online. Montgomery Astilbe has brilliant, show-stopping, and feathery red flower plumes that erupt like a volcano high above the center of an attractive mound of glossy green to bronze fern-like foliage. Known to be one of the reddest of the red astilbes. The plumes also make great cut flowers. A summer- perennial, Astilbe thrives in rich, cool, partially shaded, and moist location. It is great combined with hardy ferns and hostas or massed.
Family: Saxifragaceae · Common Name: Astilbe / False Spiraea
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
MONTGOMERY ASTILBE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Adapts Well to Wet Areas|
|•||Cuttings or Divisions|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States|
|•||Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for MONTGOMERY ASTILBE
MONTGOMERY ASTILBE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Astilbe is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.