Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
Leaf Color Summer*
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Rain Garden
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Cut Flowers
- Rock Gardens
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Eupatorium is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
CHOCOLATE SNAKE ROOT
Buy Chocolate Snake Root online. An unusual native snakeroot selection, 'Chocolate' features shiny and deep purple stems covered with chocolate-purple foliage all summer. White flowers in terminal corymbs on 36 to 40-inch tall stems create added appeal in fall. It also is known as Joe-Pye Weed.
Common Name: Joe Pie Weed
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 1 gallon
(1.0 gallons / 3.8 liters)
(8 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart