Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
FIRST CHOICE BLUE BLUEBEARD
PP11958 Plant propagation prohibited
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 5-9 · Mature Height: 2-3 Feet · Mature Spread: 2-3 Feet
Buy First Choice Blue Bluebeard online. 'First Choice' is a wonderful selection of bluebeard that flowers earlier and longer than 'Longwood Blue', although the flowers are slightly more purplish. Foliage is glossier than 'Longwood Blue' giving a neat appearance. Bees and butterflies love this species as it is covered in a cloud of blue flowers that are atop silvery blue green foliage. 'First Choice' is our first choice!
Family: Lamiaceae · Common Name: Bluebeard / False Spiraea
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
FIRST CHOICE BLUE BLUEBEARD Plant Characteristics
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|Low Water Use
|Prefers Dry Soils
0 review(s) for FIRST CHOICE BLUE BLUEBEARD
FIRST CHOICE BLUE BLUEBEARD Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Caryopteris is slightly difficult to grow and needs to be planted in locations where it does not stay wet. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About FIRST CHOICE BLUE BLUEBEARD
Can be used as a background plant or as a specimen plant.