Specimen Tree Fall Color Image property of Sooner Plant Farm
Northern States Exposure
- Morning Sun / Afternoon Shade
- Part Shade
- Full Shade
Seasons of Interest
- Late Spring / Early Summer
- Late Summer / Early Fall
- Early Spring
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples prefer afternoon shade in the south.Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Some say it has the best fall color of all the palmatums.
OSAKAZUKI UPRIGHT JAPANESE MAPLE
Acer palmatum amoenum
Buy Osakazuki Japanese Maple online. Osakazuki is best known for it's intense crimson fall coloration. Some say it has the best fall color of all the palmatums. Leaves are firm and slightly larger then other palmatums. They maintain a green color throughout the summer, and seem to have less sun burn then others.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- Sooner Lifetime Guarantee: For details, click here!
- Pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included to use when planting; Hydro-Gels help retain soil moisture, and plants establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will survive drought conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
- Customer satisfaction survey sent after your order is received that provides you with a $10.00 off coupon code on your next order.
I personally use and recommend www.dripworks.com for all our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial irrigation parts and supplies.
Smart Pot 2 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Smart Pot.
Smart Pot 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(-1 units available now)
(3 units arriving on 4/15/15)
No Multi-Plant Discount
Grown in Smart Pot.