Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Accent Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
RED DRAGON CONTORTED FILBERT
PP20694 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Red Dragon Contorted Filbert online. Red Dragon Contorted Filbert is a great new addition to our Corylus genus. It features beautiful red new growth that fades to green throughout the season. It also has the same spectacularly twisted, spiraling branches that Harry Lauder's features. It makes an outstanding specimen in any garden!
Common Name: Filbert / Hazel
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 2 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(0 units available now)
(50 units arriving on 9/1/18)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(18-24 inches tall)
(22 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart