Image Property of Sooner Plant farm
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Sound Barrier
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Border Plant
- Wind/Dust Break
- Accent Plant
- Provides Shade
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Photinia is easy to grow, adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your tree the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
New growth for Fireball Red™ is bright red.
Low, compact habit. Low maintenance in production and in the landscape
Rounded, compact growth habit. Excellent branching habit to the bottom of the container. Fills container top to bottom. Good #1 container presentation
FIREBALL RED™ PHOTINIA
PP17476 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Fireball Red™ Photinia online. A completely new Red Tip that has been bred and selected for its bright-red new growth. The growth habit is a tall upright shrub. Fireball Red is perfect for colorful, low-growing foundation plantings, municipal plantings and general garden planting.
Common Name: Photinia
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)