- Pennsylvania Gold Medal Award Winners
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Upright Growing
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Provides Shade
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Okame Cherry is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Okame Cherry is the main attraction in Washington D.C. at the Cherry Blossom Festival.
Great specimen tree for color and height that will bring curb appeal to your landscape.
OKAME FLOWERING CHERRY
Prunus x incamp
Buy Okame Cherry online. The Okame Cherry tree is one of the spring's earliest of the flowering cherries showing us spring has arrived. The glory of the Okame cherry is the abundance of rosy pink flowers in late winter and early spring.The showy pink flowers last 2-3 weeks. As autumn arrives the foliage turns to bronze orange to orange red and the bark is an attractive shiny reddish brown color making it a tree for all seasons. As a young tree it displays a broad-columnar habit; mature trees develop a more upright, arching habit.Read more: Facts About the Okame Flowering Cherry | Garden Guides http://www.gardenguides.com/86940-okame-flowering-cherry.html#ixzz2kMSQiFAT
Common Name: Cherry/Peach/Plum/Almond/Nectarine/Apricot
Prunus species cannot be shipped into CA, OR, or WA.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)