Image Courtesy of Wikimedia.org
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Light Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Ornamental/Medium Growing
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Spring Flowering
- Early Spring
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Sound Barrier
- Provides Shade
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Accent Plant
- Rock Gardens
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
- Wind/Dust Break
- Mass Planting
- Wildlife Habitat
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Laburnum is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
GOLDEN CHAIN TREE
Buy Golden Chain Tree online. Golden Chain Tree, or Common Laburnum is a small, low-branched, deciduous tree that is native to the mountains of central and southern Europe. Its best quality is its plethora of showy late spring yellow blooms that appear in dense, pendulous, wisteria-like racemes. It is excellent used as a focal point in any yard or garden, and can also be trained as an espalier.
Common Name: Golden Chain Tree
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(5.098 gallons / 19.3 liters)
(4-5 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.