- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
- Salt Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Border Plant
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Mass Planting
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Ilex is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Planting a male selection in near proximity greatly improves the fruiting of Winterberry.
Use Mr. Poppins for this variety.
BERRY POPPINS® WINTERBERRY HOLLY
PPAF CBRAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Berry Poppins® Winterberry Holly online. Berry Poppins® Winterberry Holly is an awesome plant for winter landscapes, but many homeowners don't have room for a traditional variety. An excellent, heavy fruiting dwarf variety, Berry Poppins® is ideal for gardeners who want bright winter color and fruit for cutting but don't have room for a typical I. verticillata. It is heavier fruiting than 'Red Sprite'. Use Mr. Poppins® as a pollinator.
Common Name: Holly / Winterberry
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(16 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(-6 units available now)
(15 units arriving on 4/1/18)