Courtesy of Buchholz & Buchholz
- Weeping (pendulous)
- Dwarf Plant
- Morning Sun / Afternoon Shade
Season of Interest (Foliage)
- Early Spring
- Late Spring / Early Summer
- Late Summer
- Fall Leaf Color
- Growth Habit
Soil Moisture Needs
- Well Drained
- Small Tree
- Japanese Maple
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Japanese Maples adapt to most conditions, afternoon shade is required in southern states. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Makes a perfect specimen plant.
SHU SHIDARE WEEPING JAPANESE MAPLE
Acer palmatum dissectum
Buy Shu Shidare Japanese Maple online. Shu Shidare is a deciduous, pendulous, broad mounding dissectum. Orange leaves appear in spring later changing to orange-green by mid-summer. Fall color is brilliant orange-red. The name means "orange weeping" in Japanese. Prefers sun/partial shade in well-drained soil. Discovered and introduced by the Flora Wonder Collection of Buchholz Nursery.
Family: Sapindaceae / Aceraceae
Common Name: Maple
Maple trees are a wonderful genus of trees, with sizes ranging from very small and slow growing Japanese Maples, to very fast growing Silver Maples. Maple trees are found growing all across the world, and most admired for their colorful fall foliage.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- Sooner Lifetime Guarantee: For details, click here!
- Pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included to use when planting; Hydro-Gels help retain soil moisture, and plants establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will survive drought conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
- Customer satisfaction survey sent after your order is received that provides you with a $10.00 off coupon code on your next order.
I personally use and recommend www.dripworks.com for all our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial irrigation parts and supplies.
Smart Pot 2 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(2-3 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Smart Pot.