- Sound Barrier
- Produces Dense Shade
- Erosion Control
Season of Interest (Foliage)
- Large Tree
- Shade Tree
- Wildlife Habitat
- Provide Shade
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Cherokee® Sweetgum is very easy to grow, adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your tree the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
A nearly seedless version of the common sweetgum tree. Light seed production is common with seed aborting and falling off early before fully developed.Photos Courtesy of OSU Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Sooner Plant Farm.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
Buy Cherokee Sweetgum online. Cherokee® Sweetgum is a deciduous tree with a narrow, pyramidal growth habit. Unusual corky bark and excellent fall colors make this a very popular tree. Leaves are glossy green in summer changing to multiple colors of yellow orange and finally deep red in fall.This variety has been reported to have withstood temperatures of 28 degrees below zero without damage, and very light production of gum balls, according to the founder Earl Cully also founder of Heritage®Birch
Common Name: Sweetgum
FREE with every plant purchased:
- Sooner Lifetime Guarantee: For details, click here!
- Pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included to use when planting; Hydro-Gels help retain soil moisture, and plants establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will survive drought conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
- Customer satisfaction survey sent after your order is received that provides you with a $10.00 off coupon code on your next order.
I personally use and recommend www.dripworksusa.com for all our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial irrigation parts and supplies.
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(5-6 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
four year plant
No Multi-Plant Discount